Online Raring to Read (Term 2)
Ages 3 -11 Years
18 January - 1 March 2021
Join us for Raring to Read in which we will bring stories alive in the comfort and safety of your own home. With different books each week, there will be a range of interactive activities and read-aloud to explore the text in depth.
We have three different English courses and one Spanish course:
Spanish: Suitable for primary aged beginners
Kindergarten: 3 – 5 years old
Lower Primary: 6 – 8 years old
Upper Primary: 9 – 11 years old
Each of the courses has been written by our senior education team, ensuring age and level-appropriate language objectives and literary targets are addressed every lesson. Regardless of age, by the end of the course, all students will have addressed and participated in the following:
- Listen, read and respond to stories read by the teacher
- Develop reading strategies to aid understanding
- Demonstrate understanding of plot, setting and character
- Discuss and share own ideas and opinions
- Make connections to other literature and personal experiences
- Expand knowledge of different countries and cities
Classes are delivered three or five times a week, depending on your course package preference, and will use the platform of Zoom. Those enrolling will be sent a link prior to the first class. Simply click on the password-protected link and join each lesson – we recommend a computer or laptop but an I-pad or similar device will also be ok. Teachers will then bring the literary world into your home, providing lots of communicative and interactive opportunities for each student.
- Participants will receive a basic learning pack to accompany classes prior to the first lesson. The teacher will email parents ahead of time if any home printing is required for a lesson, but alternatives will always be offered for those who do not have printing facilities.
- Minimal resources are required; students only need paper, pen and colouring pens/pencils for the lesson
- Online classes so you do not need to leave your home!
- Small group classes
- Range of stories and non-fiction texts