Personal Information Collection Statement (PICS)
Please take a moment to read the following Personal Information Collection Statement.
- From time to time it is necessary for students (or their parents/guardians) and staff members to supply the English Schools Foundation ("ESF") or ESF Educational Services Ltd (“ESL”), with certain personal data for school administrative, academic, pastoral purposes and alumni activities.
- Personal data of staff members, students and their parents/guardians will be handled by relevant ESF or ESL staff members and will be kept confidential.
- Staff members’ experience and/or teaching qualifications may be made available to relevant ESF and ESL stakeholders at the discretion of the school’s Principal or Department Head. (For example, on the school web site or announcements of appointments in newsletters or emails.)
- ESF or ESL may also disclose some of the data to third parties such as agencies (including the Hong Kong government), service providers and contractors (whether within or outside Hong Kong) appointed by ESF or ESL to undertake some of its academic, pastoral and administrative and alumni functions. This includes transferring data between ESF and ESL.
- ESF or ESL may use personal data (such as name and contact details) to send communications that are relevant to parents and students, including but not limited to newsletters, programmes, courses, seminars, lectures, conferences, events and extra-curricular activities and clubs of ESF, ESL or selected third party service providers.
- Apart from the parties listed above, ESF or ESL will not disclose any personal data to any external bodies or organisations unless:
(a) such disclosure is expressly provided for under this Statement;
(b) permitted to do so by the student or his/her parent/guardian; and/or
(c) permitted or required by law.
- Personal data may be stored in the ESF or ESL database systems and online portals and any such personal data provided will form part of the staff member or the student's official records (as relevant) at ESF or ESL.
- In schools where there are Parent Teacher Associations (PTA), ESF or ESL may provide such data to the relevant PTA for inclusion in the PTA directory. If you do not wish your details to be included in the PTA directory, please inform the relevant ESF or ESL school accordingly.
- ESF or ESL may place student’s and staff member’s photo and/or name in ESF or ESL Website or publications.
- Failure to provide the data requested may result in ESF or ESL being unable to proceed with the purpose for which such data was requested.
- Data subjects may submit a signed, written request to the Principal of the relevant school to access or to correct personal data held by ESF or ESL. ESF or ESL shall levy a charge for accessing the information.
- From time to time ESF or ESL may use the parent or guardian's personal data (such as your name and contact details) to send information about our programmes and offers that we consider may be of interest, benefit and value to you and which could be viewed as direct marketing under recent Hong Kong legislation. We are required by law to give you the opportunity not to receive this information. As such, please make a selection on the online application to indicate your consent, or otherwise, to receive such information. Please keep in mind that by opting out of receiving this information, you or your son or daughter may miss receiving important information related to the programme(s) your child may be attending.
Please refer to the ESF Personal Data Handling Policy, which is available upon request, for more information.