We believe that each child has a right to be free from bullying. We are committed to creating a climate in which all types of bullying are regarded as unacceptable.
- to promote a secure and happy environment free from threat, harassment and any type of bullying behaviour
- to take positive action to prevent bullying from occurring
- to show commitment to overcoming bullying by practising zero tolerance
- to inform pupils and parents of ESL’s expectations and to foster a productive partnership, which helps maintain a bully-free environment
- to make staff aware of their role in fostering the knowledge and attitudes which will be required to achieve the above aims.
- to promote a positive learning environment and confront bullying in any form
- to listen to all parties involved in incidents
- to ensure that all incidents of bullying are reported to the Director of Sport or the Head of Languages, as appropriate, so that an investigation can take place
- to record and inform parents of bullying incidents
- to foster by example the values of ESF.